Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's time to just fight back

The weekend is now here. The damage that I've done is behind me. I have to just tell myself that whatever I did the last few days is just that - the last few days. It doesn't have to be today. It doesn't have to be tomorrow. I am in control and I can call the shots on what choices I make at this moment, in a few hours, tomorrow, and so on.

I realize that now would be the absolute worst time to throw in the towel and give up. Now is the time when I need my meetings, I need my support, I NEED to weigh in, - more than ever before. I need the structure of my program. I need to track my meals. I need to plan what I will put in my mouth so it's just routine - while nothing else around me is so routine.

Thank you for your prayers, well wishes, words of encouragement, stories of success, kicks in the behind. . .I need all of that!  I'm amazed at how many people reach out to complete strangers on the internet. I'm amazed at how many people haven't given up on me when I've gone through a few weeks of appearing to have given up on myself. Thank you so much.

So, with that said, now is the time that the title of my blog is truer than ever. It's time to FIGHT BACK!  I must use every ounce I have to fight my own addiction while helping my mother fight breast cancer. We both WILL succeed.

Last night, I took the reigns and I decided I will walk (perhaps run part of) the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in October. I've created a team, Blisters for Becky (if anyone in the Orlando area would like to join my team, please do!). The timing is perfect, as yesterday we were 100 days out from the race. 100 days.  I've started fundraising (and have already received some donations). It's not the time to take all of this laying down - no - it's time to FIGHT!

So in the morning, I will be at the gym. I am going to start training and push myself to at least run part of this 5k. I'm going to run for my mom. I'm going to run for me. At 8am I will be at my meeting. I need my friends so much right now and I need to keep myself in a state of food wellness. So, this is it. This is the plan. 99 days to go, folks. 99 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment