Sunday, March 27, 2011

Food Journal - Day 1 - Week of Accountability

Here's my Weight Watchers PointsPlus tracker for Day 1 of my Week of Accountability. I still haven't had my snack for later this evening, but I already have it planned and tracked with a few points left over for the day.

How did you do today?  If you wish to do so, please reply with your food journal, calorie count, PointsPlus Values, etc. for today.

(If you are unfamiliar with the Weight Watcher's program, please scroll to the end of this post where I explain what these values mean.)

Daily PointsPlus Allowance: 50
Daily PointsPlus Used: 45
Weekly PointsPlus Allowance: 49
Weekly PointsPlus Used: 0

.


Weight Watcher's PointsPlus Program Summary
For those unfamiliar with the Weight Watcher's program, let me explain. On Weight Watcher's you don't count calories, you count PointsPlus Values (PPV). Your daily allowance is based upon your age, weight, height and gender and calculated by Weight Watchers. This number will change as you lose (or gain) weight.  You are also provided a weekly allowance of 49 PPV which you may spend at any time during the week on anything you wish to spend it on.  So basically, this is your budget. You have a set number to spend daily, and a number of weekly PPV's that are optional to use throughout the week.

Of course, all foods have a PPV. The value is based upon how much Fat, Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fiber are in the food. Weight Watchers has a calculator that can be used for these calculations. (Available as a pocket calculator you can carry with you, an Android App, an iPhone app or through membership of etools on the Weight Watcher's website, where my screen shots came from.)

The key is to keep your daily food intake within the budget. For me, this requires planning, tracking and measuring my foods.

You can also earn additional PPV's through exercise. Again, the value of PPV's given to an activity is based upon the persons weight, longevity of activity and the intensity of the workout. These PPV's are also optional on if you spend them or not.

So there you have it, Weight Watchers PointsPlus plan in a nutshell. 

By the way, Weight Watchers is running a special that if you sign up now for a Monthly Pass, you get it for $19.95! The regular price is $39.95 so it really is a great deal. If you have been considering joining, now is the time to get nearly 1/2 off your first month.

Now let me say this, I am not a spokesperson, salesperson or employee of Weight Watchers. I don't make any money by telling you about that special but this program has changed my life. I am just a member using the plan and sharing what knowledge I have after being on the program 46 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment