Monday, May 23, 2011

Eye of the Tiger



Oh yeah, that's right, eye of the tiger, baby.

I went to the gym tonight. I warmed up with .70 miles on the treadmill. Ok, so it was a little more than a warm-up, but I wanted 15 minutes on the treadmill before I started weight machines, so that's what I did. I moved to weight machines and did my full leg circuit - 2 sets with 15 reps each, on each machine. It really felt great. Once finished I did another 15 minutes on the treadmill.

I've started truly training for roller derby. Before when I worked out, I was doing it to see the numbers on the scale go lower. The intent was to lose the weight. While I've been extremely motivated to lose the weight, working out with another purpose in mind seems to have really lit a fire under my activity level. It excites me. It makes me happy. I get a feeling of a different kind of accomplishment. I had all that before I decided to "train" but there is something about doing these exercises for the ultimate goal of having enough strength to be a derby girl that makes me feel like Rocky.

-------------------------
Think of inspirational movies, perhaps it's Rocky, maybe it's Karate Kid, maybe it's something completely different. . .when you're in the gym or working out at home, or running, or whatever activity you do that makes you feel like a superstar. . .what movie/book/character do you think of that really seems to get you moving?

2 comments:

  1. I love the movie 'Run Fatboy Run'. Simon Pegg is a favorite of mine, it's funny, and a bit inspirational too :)

    ReplyDelete