Monday, May 2, 2011

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Yes, that title is a very loud sigh of relief. About a half an hour ago I received an email on my droid informing me that final grades were posted and I could visit the website to view them. My heart immediately started to flutter. I am typically a 4.0 student. However, this last term was slightly different. I didn't have the time to study as much as I normally do. I didn't "feel" as organized or as accomplished. In fact, I really felt like I was struggling. It just wasn't my norm with all the outside distractions.

Needless to say, I've been stressing since I finished my last final exam. Had I done enough?

The class that stressed me out the most was my second term of Spanish. I had Spanish in high school - over 15 years ago. Unfortunately, those high school credits were far too old for the school to even dust off and consider, so I found myself taking both terms of Spanish as an accelerated course this last term. Spanish I wasn't a concern. I knew I passed it, as I wouldn't have been allowed to continue in Spanish II. However, the second Spanish caused me a lot of concern. I missed more classes. I failed one test. Yep, that's right, FAILED a test. (I NEVER fail tests.)  I threw my presentation together in the matter of a couple hours. My work in that class just wasn't up to my normal and I knew it. So, after the final, I stressed.

I couldn't imagine receiving a D or even worse, an F in that class and having to admit to myself and everyone else that my graduation would be held up another term. I couldn't imagine having that low of a grade on my transcripts.

So, back to tonight. I quickly typed in my username and password, took a deep breath and clicked the link for my grades.

OMG!

O.M.G.

To my surprise, staring back at me were two wonderful, wonderful little letters. Spanish I - A and Spanish II - B. OMG I pulled a B out of my butt!!!! LOL

I did well in my other two classes as well.

So, stress is gone. I am walking, in cap and gown, to pick up a degree that would mean very little to some (A.A. in General Studies) but means so much to me. It's really just a stepping stone degree to continue to my Bachelor's in Nursing and it's not a degree I can really do much with, other than know how hard I worked, how many hours I spent away from my children and family, how many late nights I spent studying and how much Diet Red Bull I consumed the last two years. It really means the world to me.

I did it!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This is a VERY big deal! You have worked so hard and I am proud of you. Anything you put your mind to, you WILL accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this story difficult to masturbate to, although not impossible.

    ReplyDelete