Saturday, January 1, 2011

Loved the Break - Now Back to Business!

The holidays are over. My tree will soon be packed away with all of the family ornaments that we look forward to digging out of the paper and boxes next year. Unfortunately, I've also packed on a few pounds but nothing too much that can't be taken off in the next few weeks. It's back to business time!

I'm quite sure I'm not alone with getting off track through the holidays. Years ago, this may have been the point where I threw in the towel and continued on the "old normal" lifestyle. However, this time is different. I'm looking forward to getting back to my routine. I'm looking forward to my early morning workouts, my lunch bag packed to the brim with fresh fruits and veggies. I'm looking forward to finally hitting that 50lb goal I set after Thanksgiving. While I haven't hit it, I'm OK with that. The holidays were special and while I did gain, I KNOW I would have gained far more if I hadn't had already established healthy habits.

Honestly, I think this two week "break" from Weight Watchers - while not totally a break and not totally planned, is actually a good thing! Tomorrow, walking back in my meeting will be like week 1 all over again! That is thrilling for me! Sometimes we get into a rut and boredom sets in. I think that was really happening for me and the timing was actually perfect. I was able to splurge, allow myself a small gain and now I feel refreshed and ready to get back on that road to better health!

I'm not really one to do New Year's resolutions, so I don't really have one. However, one new change I plan to add to my routine is asking a personal trainer at the gym to create a weight routine for me. It's time to start toning and not just walking. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment