Sunday, September 5, 2010

Goal Setting - Lose for Good

At my Weight Watchers meeting this morning, my leader provided us with a storyboarding handout. It was to assist us in setting a goal for the next six weeks during the Lose for Good challenge.

The old me would have put this aside. I would have had the intent to complete it, only to put it off. The paper would have drifted from the kitchen counter, to a pile in the office and then eventually the trash - never to be completed.

However, this weight loss journey; well, this is truly a lifestyle change. I am not just changing one thing in my life, I do not live in a silo. To make this one, drastic change, many changes must take place and that includes doing things like story boarding my goals. I committed to make this change and boy, oh boy am I changing.

I sat down and used color pencils to create artwork that would compete with my four year old daughter's creations. I've placed it on my refrigerator as a daily reminder of the steps I must take to reach my goal.

What is my goal you ask? (In case you can't see it in the picture.) 15lbs in six weeks. I can do this!

Steps to Goal:
1. Create meal plans for each week.
2. Grocery shop for all the right food choices.
3. Cook ahead and pack food bag EVERY day.
4. Track every point I eat.
5. Exercise at least 4 times per week.
6. Don't miss a single meeting/weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment