Friday, September 17, 2010

Food Fridays - Four Products I Can't Live Without

Each Friday is Food Fridays!  These blog entries will include product suggestions, recipes, tips and techniques that I have used.

This week I'm going to share four of the products that are "must have's" in my house each week.  You can click the name of each product to view their website for more information.


Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Ranch Salad Dressing
I prefer ranch dressing.  I can't help it.  I simply don't like any other dressing.  Obviously, this preference is not typically conducive to weight loss.  The low fat and lite dressings by  most of the salad dressing companies just taste sour or sweet.  Bleh!  But, I've found the one! This is by far the best "lite" ranch dressing I have found.  By using yogurt, the fat is cut by over half when comparing to a regular ranch dressing and it tastes fabulous!!  It is found in the refrigerated produce section of the supermarket and is slightly more money than the regular ranch, but well worth it!

Weight Watcher's Point Value = 1pt for 1 Tbsp or 2pts for 2 Tbsp
(If you dip your fork in your salad dressing rather than pouring it on, 1 Tbsp is plenty!)

VitaTops 100 Calorie Muffin Tops
The only word I can use to express how good these are is: heavenly!  They are packed full of nutrition.  Made with organic sugar and whole wheat flour, you can't go wrong.  You can find Vitatops in an assortment of flavors (my favorite is Deep Chocolate) in the freezer section of your grocery store.

Weight Watcher's Point Value = 1pt each

Peter Pan Whipped Creamy Peanut Butter
You don't have to give up peanut butter to lose weight! A great source of protein and such an easy snack, I love peanut butter.  But it typically is a high point value food.  I found this peanut butter to spread so easily, because it is whipped, that I can use far less than the normal serving size.  Additionally, it is reduced sugar which has decreased the calorie count.  I often spread one Tbsp on my vitatop muffin to add some protein to my snack.  The two go so well together.  It's like eating a large peanut butter cup with 0 guilt (not that I subscribe to the guilt about eating thing). :)

Weight Watcher's Point Value = 2pts per 1 Tbsp, 4pts for 2 Tbsp


Kellogg's Fiber Plus Antioxidants - Chocolate Peanut Butter
While we are on the chocolate peanut butter kick, let me just say that these snack bars are the absolute best ever.  With 35% of your daily fiber requirements, they are perfect for that 2pm sweet craving that sends you searching the office for candy!

Weight Watcher's Point Value = 2pts per bar



These items are stocked in my refrigerator, freezer and pantry at all times!

What items have you found really help you along the way?  What are some of your favorite healthy snacks?

As always, please "Like" Fat Girl Fights Back on Facebook and share it with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment