Sunday, October 30, 2011

Welcome Home!

Welcome home. That is what today was as I walked back into my meeting room. My last weigh in was on August 14th - 11 weeks have passed since that last meeting and my last weigh in. The scale showed no mercy.

In the course of 11 weeks I gained 20.6lbs. There is no way to candy coat that (pun intended) - that's really how I got to this point anyway right? Candy. Cake. Ice cream. Potato chips and more. All jokes aside, there is no excuse for that kind of gain. Certainly, with all that has been taking place, there is reason, but it doesn't excuse the self-destructive behavior.

Honestly, I knew what I had to face. I wish I had done so sooner, as the number on the scale would have been far better. I know this. But the dread, each week, of seeing the gain prevented me from doing the very thing that was going to stop the gaining cycle. Going home.

But, that is now behind me. I have crossed the line and I've taken the first step. I faced the scale, I survived and now I move forward. I am excited to see what the numbers look like next week. I'm re-committed. I'm doing all the things I know worked for me and I know I can do it. I just have to.


Isn't that what it boils down to? Just doing it? Nike may have been on to something with their "Just Do It" marketing campaign.
Are you struggling? Have you been "off plan" for a little while? What is keeping you from returning to the healthy lifestyle? Just do it! You won't be sorry.

3 comments:

  1. We have a saying in my meetings: Don't leave before your miracle happens. Welcome back!

    Jane~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I could have written this. I've gained 18 pounds in the last few months. I think I reached my all time low when I had to pull out my CPAP machine because sleep apnea because a problem for me again. It's been a week and I've lost 3 pounds! Hopefully that machine will go back into storage soon! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to report that this week has gone really well. Tomorrow I'm sure I'll be posting a loss!

    Carrie, great job getting back on track!!

    Jane, you are always so supportive, thank you!

    ReplyDelete