Thursday, November 25, 2010

Planet Fitness = Awesome!

I've made some really great friends since joining Weight Watcher's and attending meetings. I can't even begin to express how fantastic this is. People speak about how important support is but when you have a group of people, experiencing similar struggles and you're part of that group of giving and receiving support - it really makes you realize how wonderful it truly is.

Today is Thanksgiving, which I've been stressing about for a while. While it is a day that we gather with our families, loved ones and friends to be thankful - it's also a day filled with gluttony and over indulgence. With that in mind, one of the best things to do the morning of is to get that exercise in. I was fortunate enough to receive an invitation last night to join my friends at Planet Fitness.

I've mentioned before about my anxiety about working out in a gym. I was nervous! I get my sweat on in the privacy of my own home and have feared how I would "look" when doing it around other people. But, I did it! It was fantastic! In fact, I really think I pushed myself harder because while I was there my only focus was to work out.

When I'm on my treadmill at home I can't help but get distracted with thoughts of what I need to do. I often cut my workout short because I feel like I'm taking time away from other things. However, at the gym my focus was just on the workout and it felt great! I walked at a faster pace than at home, I enjoyed being surrounded by other people doing the exact same thing I was. I didn't feel judgment, I didn't feel like I stuck out or didn't fit it - I was just another person striving to be healthier.

I loved it so much that I'm going to purchase a membership and try to push myself to go to the gym at least five days per week. This is exactly what I needed to push my weightloss further and hit my 50lb goal by January 1st!

I'm so thankful for my new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment